The Old Cooker

The Old Cooker

Magical vinegar

 
Growing up I was always hearing that vinegar had more uses than for salad dressing.  It seems the list grows daily of what incredible things vinegar can do. I have a several friends who have shared so many ways they use it I should have started writing it down.

Truthfully I haven't even nicked the surface of the thousands of ways I could be using it myself but it is on the long list of things to do. The first practical use in my own home that I can recall was for that unpleasant task of cleaning the kitchen and bathroom drains. I was tired of the rising prices of drain cleaner ($15+ for a bottle that you have to pour the whole thing down the drain. Are you kidding me?)
 
It got serious when we had some issues with one of the pets and it cost a ton of money at the vet to get things back to normal. I know the pet hadn't gotten in to the drain cleaner because we make a point of closing the door when the drains are being cleaned and then rinsing thoroughly. But why take a chance?
 
A huge jug from Costco and an equally large box of baking soda provides enough cleaning solution for a year or more and it works faster, and is more effective.
 
Other than that example I could fill then next year's worth of blogs about what vinegar can do, but there are people who have already done that. Just search vinegar on Google and you will come up with any and everything you could ever want to know.
 
One nice site is the simple Vinegar Tips, which isn't filled with a lot of ads and other stuff, just tons of interesting things you can do with vinegar. I'm not related to them so obviously I haven't tested their suggestions, but it's worth a look.
 
QUOTE FOR THE DAY:
 
"Cleanliness becomes more important when godliness is unlikely"
 
- P. J. O'Rourke

Share this with your Facebook friends by clicking  f   in the comments box below

No comments:

Post a Comment