The Old Cooker

The Old Cooker

Sloppy Joey



There are times I barely drag in the door until late, it’s already dark and I have no interest in going into the kitchen.  I came up with a tasty variation on the simple-to-make macaroni & beef with spaghetti sauce that has been an old standby.  It adds a slightly tangier flavor than you get with spaghetti sauce.


Instead of hamburger buns I use No Yolks extra broad pasta and instead of ground beef I use ground turkey.  And instead of spaghetti sauce I use a can of Manwich.
It’s lighter and healthier is almost every way.

INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 lb low fat ground turkey
  • 8 oz package of No Yolk extra broad pasta
  • 1 can Hunts Manwich Sloppy Joe mix


 
PREPARATION:

In one large pot boil the pasta until tender, about 8 minutes.  Drain.  Brown the ground turkey in the same pot.  Once it is browned, add the pasta and add the can of Manwich.  Heat.  Eat.  There will be enough to serve 4-6.  Add a side salad or garlic bread if you can scrape together enough energy.

 

QUOTE FOR THE DAY:

 

"I don't want to look sloppy, because then I feel sloppy"

 
- Karl Lagerfeld

Share this with your Facebook friends by clicking  f   in the comments box below

No comments:

Post a Comment