The Old Cooker

The Old Cooker

Some thoughts about liking to cook


Okay, there are times when I feel the same way.  I walk in the kitchen, look around, and have no idea where to go from there.  I've learned to live with that.  So I start putting a bunch of stuff on the counter and almost with my eyes closed things start coming together.  Sometimes I don't even have a name for it but if the pets don't pass out from the odor I feel brave enough to eat it.

Moral of the story?  If you don't own a recipe book, maybe you don't need to bother getting one.  I have several that I got when I was very young and the kitchen scared me.  I used them a few times, now they just sit and look pretty in my bookshelf.

Cooking should reflect life ... be an impulsive leap into the unknown, savoring everything along the way and arriving at one moment of ecstasy after another until you reach the last supper, after which people say "he sure knew how to cook".

QUOTE FOR THE DAY:

"Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all"

- Harriet Van Horne

Share this with your Facebook friends by clicking  f   in the comments box below

No comments:

Post a Comment